Originally from the Washington, D.C. area, I recently celebrated 21 years in Silicon Valley. As a surface scientist my work is focused on the physics and chemistry of how materials come together. I have led product development in the electronics, biotech, and defense industries. Business development activities include corporate and intellectual property acquisition and third party licensing. I have managed teams with greater than 40 engineers and technicians with a budget of 10M USD. In my spare time I enjoy hiking and teaching — since 1999 I’ve taught materials engineering at San Jose State University and have had the privilege of serving as the MS thesis advisor or committee member to several colleagues.
I work for Fitbit in the Advanced Product Development group. I lead the smart materials development team.
- Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy, TE Connectivity, Berwyn, PA
- Senior Principal Scientist, TE Connectivity, Menlo Park, CA
- Director, Research Lab, Artificial Muscle, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
- Director of Technology Development, Fluidigm, South San Francisco, CA
- Senior Manufacturing Manager, Western Digital, Fremont, CA
- Engineering Physicist, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, Menlo Park, CA
- Senior Engineering Manager, Applied Materials, Santa Clara, CA